Saturday, September 18, 2010

a resolve to eat MORE ice cream

As if I really need an excuse, but I do happen to have one. A bike accident yesterday morning has left me contemplating the amount of padding I have on my derrière.
(image from Smitten Kitchen)

Luc and I frequently take rides together on our bike that we mounted a baby seat onto the back. As we were riding along, I saw a narrow corner coming up, so I slowed down in anticipation, and surprisingly tapped the front tire into a light post that, seriously, popped out of nowhere! And by tapped, really, it was a small tap. In fact I was half off the bike by the time I realized the balance was off and I didn't have the strength to keep the bike plus the weight of the seat and the cute monkey strapped into it from falling to the ground. When I realized it was going down, I screamed "SHIT!!" quite loudly in a very public area where a lot of french citizens were probably thinking "what ze hell?" (I can't imagine how ridiculous this all must've looked) Somewhere in there, I must have landed straight on my tailbone, but I didn't feel it until 10 minutes later when I calmed down and realized no bodily harm had come to Luc. I was so worried that he might've been hurt with a scratch, a bruise, or even a broken arm. But thankfully, he was fine, just a little scared. A kind older man rushed over to help us right away. Alex recommended I see a doctor, but I felt I had to finish my mission at the Prefecture for the day before I could be bothered with a doctor's visit. (By the way, it was the fourth visit there this month, they rejected my file the day before because they said I needed a copy of a document that THEY GAVE TO ME! So, in my stubborn way, I persisted with the appointment) After though, when I tried to get back on the bike to go back home, I felt sharp pains and quickly got off the bike. We were on the other side of the city, which would have been a long walk back for Luc. Alex was finally able to convince me to see the doctor (really, why do I have to be coerced?) and then give us a lift back at lunchtime. I have an x-ray appointment on Monday to see if my tailbone is really broken. In the meantime, I'm NOT sitting on my ass, but I am enjoying some extra ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment