Thursday, September 2, 2010

I like to make stuff

and the only time I can do that is during Luc's naptime. So, I like to call these my naptime creations. Things that can be accomplished within his naptime.


Using beads acquired in Hawaii, and other beads that have been collected in my on-again off-again jewelry making life, I made a fun necklace also using coral found on the beaches here, a feather earring from Target, beach glass and red seeds of some sort.

Found this tee in the hotel we stayed in in Sydney. I know. That's kinda gross. But, I washed it up and thought of it as a free thrift store find. It was originally a men's size large, but I cut it to my size using one of my own tees as a pattern. I like it because the print is so faded that it looks vintage. Well, who knows, maybe it is!


Do I have a subconcious thing for NY? Tee number two that I altered to fit me. Please ignore the cheesy look on my face.

Then, I added fabric scraps to make the heart more interesting.


More found coral and shells from the beaches here became wine glass charms. I'm thinking these will make great gifts.


A few weeks ago, there was a huge sale at the fabric store down the street. I found this cool oilcloth that I made into placemats for everyday use.

1 comment:

Angie said...

these are awesome! i love the wine glass charms!!! if you post a tutorial, that'd be great!

Post a Comment