Tuesday, September 28, 2010

market bags

What started off as a market bag for Luc has now turned into a bag workshop. I made this first little red bag with the sushi fabric lining as a bag for Luc since he likes to stop and pick up rocks and sticks and any other interesting little bits along our walks. He usually then wants me to put them in my bag, so I figured he might want a bag of his own. Well, he wasn't all that interested in it. Perhaps because when it was finished, the straps were a bit long and it looked more like a purse. Alex came home from work that night and asked me why I made our son a purse. Ughh. No worries though, one of the kids who we play with downstairs in the courtyard just LOVED it! And it was more fitting for her anyways.

(What a cutie!)

After that, her older sister and another girl were so impressed with the bag, that I offered to make them each one too, letting them pick the colors and size they each wanted. The larger bag below has an interior pocket sized just right for a Nintendo DS to fit perfectly in it.


Originally, I had wanted the lace-sided straps to face outwards, but I attatched them wrong. ohwell, sewing is always a learning experience.

Although after these, I feel as though I've worked out all the kinks in the construction process.

(Sorry for the blurry pictures, our camara is crap!)

On Sunday, just minutes after the girls left our apartment, one of the girl's mother asked me to make her one too. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment