Tuesday, September 21, 2010

no bike rides for a while

The x-rays of my derriére were taken yesterday and showed a definite fracture. Bummer. (no pun intended). This really limits our movements around St Denis. Bike riding has been the answer to a city with too many one-way streets, lots of traffic and not enough parking. We're reduced to what we can get to on foot, which isn't far enough to get us to Jardin d'Etat.
But enough complaining. The pain is already starting to diminish a bit, and it should be totally healed up in about a month. We'll find other places and things to explore in the meantime.

In other news, I can't believe it's already the end of September! While that means it's fall for most of you, it's becoming summer for us! Last year around this time, I was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't seen any whales during their "season", even though we lived on the west coast and could look out to the ocean almost anytime. This year, we have been lucky enough to see a few, and one time I was able to stop the car to get Luc out just in time to see them hit the surface again. We have a framed picture of a mama whale and her baby on his bedroom wall that we point out to him whenever we talk about animals, and I think he made the connection between seeing the one in the water and the ones on his wall.

(thanks to my wonderful husband for taking this lovely shot that's now hanging on Luc's wall!)

Speaking of monkey, check out this sweet monkey birthday cake over at Smitten Kitchen. I think I'll have to make one for our little monkey's upcoming birthday too. I have 3 months to prep, so I think I can do it.

SOOOO CUTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment