Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Surprise! Someone's 30!

My wonderful husband recently hit that famous age marker: 30 years old. He accepted it with grace, and honestly, he doesn't even look it in my opinion! I wanted to host a big surprise party and go all out. Or, as "all out" as you can go with a small apartment, lots of friends with kids, plus your own 9 month old son, all on a quiet Sunday afternoon. And, being American, I wanted to make a birthday cake. But I opted for cupcakes instead because I didn't have a cake pan on hand. Nor did I have any cupcake liners, and couldn't find them in the grocery store the week before the party either. So I ended up using wax paper. Which worked just fine, but gave the cupcakes this sort of ruffled edge appeal to them.


I think they turned out kind of cool looking, but they weren't your traditional even surfaced cupcakes that you can easily write upon in frosting. They still tasted awesome and here is the recipe for both the cake and chocolate frosting.

The surprise!

All of our pictures ended up being of the kids, shocking, eh? What is it about adorable children that you just have to snap a bunch of pictures?





And I forgot to take a picture of the table BEFORE all the beautiful food was eaten, but here is the aftermath.

One happily surprised Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment