Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love autumn.... and mustard

This post is dedicated to all things lovely about fall. I could just eat up all of these images, since I come from living on the east coast, and truly miss my autumn season. Bear with me as I indulge in the scenes of fall and the rich colors which are missing here during ANY time of year.







Another thing I miss are the different foods fall brings. I can remember eating roasted, salted pumpkin seeds, thick soups and stews, candy corn, and apple everything.




Apart from the foliage and food, I also miss the cozy sweaters, long jeans, boots, and all things fall fashion oriented. I've been browsing the usuals, JCrew, Banana, and Gap, but I've really loved the fashion found on Etsy. Too bad it's too hot here to wear any of it.

Speaking of beautiful colors, I have this incredible love for mustard now. It's my condiment of choice alongside most meals now. I make all kinds of dressings, sauces, glazes, and anything else you can think of with this delicious gold-toned goodness. My favorite is this super simple recipe:

-olive oil
-red wine or cider vinegar
-good quality Dijon mustard
Combine all ingredients in a recycled jar and shake your heart out.

Notice I don't list any proportions, as I usually make it to taste, and if there's extra, it keeps in the fridge for several days. (Though usually, it doesn't last that long). I use it on green salads, tomato salads, fish fillets, chicken breasts, cold potatoes, etc. You could even use it as a dressing for a cold pasta salad....mmmm, that gives me ideas for dinner tonight.

PS-Obviously I had to find pictures via another source (SXC) than my own camara in order to share these visions of autumn, but it won't be a habit, I prefer to show our own photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment