Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 goals & resolutions

I've been pondering this topic for a few weeks now, and though this list may seem short, it's been narrowed down to the few things I'd like to improve upon, because I think having fewer goals will help keep me on track. In no particular order, here we go:
1. Make photo albums - this means shelling out the money to print photos and to buy a book, but it is so worth it once it all gets put together. I may even turn it into a scrapbooking project. It's so nice to have photo albums, to look at from time to time, to share with others, etc.
2. Hang wall art - We moved into this house a year ago and have yet to hang anything! (with the exception of Luc's room, we hung framed underwater shots that Alex took while diving, plus a cross-stitch my mother made when he was born) This also sort of ties in with the "print photos" goal above, because we have some unused frames that can be utilised.
3. Create a writing center for Luc and I - I have a little dream of us sitting next to one another (or to have him on my lap) at our desks, writing, drawing, and creating. I want to make more cards this year. Luc has enjoyed the process too, enthusiasticly scribbling away at the pieces of cardstock I handed to him to decorate our holiday cards this year.
4. Make a birthday calender with all our loved ones special days - this ties into the goal above of making more cards to send by snail mail, because it's just so nice to get handwritten cards in the mail, isn't it?! I figure if I have a pretty little calender made up and posted to our wall, I have less of a chance of missing those important days! I have to get on this goal, since people are already having birthdays!
5. Give this blog a make-over - I think this will require a little practice and research in creating more eye-pleasing details in internet-land, so this is a goal that will probably get pushed to later in the year, when we have a normal routine again after baby #2 arrives. Seeing as how I do like blogging, and it keeps our loved ones involved in our lives here, I think this is a nice resolution.
6. Find a class just for me - Be it yoga, or swimming, or tennis, or some kind of crafting, I want a little time for me, away from motherhood and wifedom (did I just make up a word?!) that will help me to stay balanced. Preferably, I'd like to do some exercising, because I'll probably need it after baby #2 is ready to start solids.
early December, in Jardin d'etat

No comments:

Post a Comment