Friday, September 30, 2011

from favorite shirt to favorite skirt

Seriously, I think I have my favorite piece of clothing now.
You see, I've had this shirt that I've loved for years now, a soft cotton striped teal boatneck, and recently, it landed in the donate pile.


I love it, but it was so stretched out at the neckline that it was falling off my shoulders, and I was constantly pulling it back on which was annoying me endlessly. And my hands are usually covered in in one of the following substances; water, dirt, soap, or food. And any combination of those, plus helping or playing with Luc. But I digress.
I dug it out of the donate pile to see if I could do something with it and suddenly it became a skirt in my mind; just sew up the arm holes, fold over the top, put in some elastic, and voila! I already had the perfect bottom hem done for me!
It was a simple project and even Luc helped by turning the dial on the machine from a straight stitch to a zig-zag. While I was sewing. (eekkk!)


Please ignore the crazy, unbrushed hair in this pic

so comfy!
I could say this is a maternity project, but I know I'll be wearing this skirt long after pregnancy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment