Thursday, September 15, 2011

pregnancy update-between 18 and 19 weeks

via pinterest via le loveimage.blogspot.com
I'm feeling so good now people!
This is the part of pregnancy that's easy; no more nausea, most of the fatigue has subsided (for now), and the belly isn't too big yet.
I'm also relieved that my eating is back to normal; I'm not craving so much fat and sugar anymore, and cooking vegetables doesn't gross me out anymore either. That was kind of disturbing for me during the first 3 months because you read all this medical literature about how eating healthy is so important in the first trimester, and it was hard for me to even look at a plate of salad. Ultimately, I'm not worried about it, because I think what's more important is the state your body is in BEFORE you get pregnant.

I've started to take advantage of feeling good these past 2 weeks and gotten a bunch of projects done, plus planned for a LOT more. (Am I nesting already?)
Get ready for a list of things I want to make:
A few weeks ago, I picked up 3 men's dress shirts at the thrift store with plans of turning them into maternity/nursing tops. I started on the first one yesterday after mentally figuring out what I wanted to do with it. I could have finished it during Luc's naptime yesterday, but I'm not entirely satisfied with the sleeves, so I think I'm going to rip the stitches out and try again. I hope I can get it done soon to post a pic here. After that, I have a pair of pants to alter. And then, I wanted to start on a couple of baby projects. I have a piece of fabric in a white and red print I picked up at the flea market a few months ago, that I want to turn into a crib sheet, and use the rest for a swaddling blanket. Also, I'm gathering little items to make a mobile and some wall decorations. The theme I'm going for is red, gender neutral, and modern.

I'm so excited! For everything!

1 comment:

meghan said...

I am soosoosoo glad that you are feeling better. And canot wait to see these sewing projects!

Post a Comment