Friday, September 23, 2011

maternity wear

So, I've started on some maternity/nursing tops and here's what we've got so far...they're really nothing to show-off, but here you go anyway. I had kept a few ginormous T-shirts around in my closet, and had never worn them, but didn't want to get rid of them because a couple were peace corps shirts or had other special meaning. This was one of them. All I did to make it less of a boxy tee was to cut the sleeves off at an angle, and cut a new, wider neckhole. I didn't even measure (you can probably tell, eh?), I just eyeballed it. I did this with 2 other T-shirts, and now I feel like I could wear these all the time, because they are so comfy! Plus, they have ample growing room which will be nice in that last month of pregnancy when it will be a million degrees outside.


Remember when I said I had started on a maternity shirt from a men's dress shirt? This was it.

And this is what it became. They look like different shirts because basically, um, they are.  I screwed up the sleeves part so bad on the blue one that it just wasn't going to work anymore unless I took it in on the sides, and that is NOT was I was trying to do with a shirt meant to accomodate a growing belly. Ohwell, I left it in my stash for another time, and will fix it later when I don't have a pregnant body anymore. So, this shirt in the picture below was another of my thrift store finds in the men's section. It was an XL tunic, and I really liked that I wouldn't have to alter the neckline at all, so the only thing I ended up doing was cutting off the gigantic sleeves. Plenty of room for a big belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment