Saturday, March 26, 2011

the secret garden

We have a sloped yard in front of our house, and to break it up a bit the former owners created a terraced garden area in the front with a retaining wall. We've been calling it the secret garden. When we first moved in, we had the grand idea of filling it in with dirt and building up the exterior wall, allowing for a much larger, flat yard in front. We envisioned football games (soccer) and perhaps a pool.


But now, I'm really loving the plants (do you see that rosemary? I chop it up fresh for dinner some nights!) in the garden and can't imagine ripping them out anymore. I'm no green thumb, but I've managed to keep most of the plants alive, and I love the flowers they produce. Plus, we have loads of butterflies! I promise we have more than 2, and they are all different colors, but those things will NOT SIT STILL FOR THE CAMARA!



The secret garden is also home to these guys.

It helps to have a secret garden helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment