Tuesday, March 1, 2011

50 years ago today....

....the Peace Corps was started by John F. Kennedy.
In honor of it, I'd like to share pictures and/or stories of my experience with you as Peace Corps month is celebrated.

There is a lot for me to share with you all. But at the same time, when I go back and look at some of the pictures I took, I can't help but think "oh, why didn't I take any pictures of us doing this or that", or some more everyday type of stuff. I suppose it's the same reason I don't take pictures of doing the laundry or dishes now (not that I would!); I don't think of it when it's happening, and besides my hands are full! I also kind of felt even more scrutiny (than the usual) whenever I pulled a camara out. Looking back on it, I wish I hadn't been so self-conscious.
That said, there are literally hundreds of photos for me to sift through, and though I can't show you all of them, I'll try to pick the best ones so you can imagine things a little more clearly.
I'll take the rest of this month to go through my years of service in Madagascar chronologically. Feel free to pop in with comments about stories I may have told you all through letters. I may end up going through all my old received letters later tonight. They were one of a few cherished bunches of things that I took when I left Madagascar.
I'm so excited to share all of these memories here!
Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment