Wednesday, March 3, 2010

more creative juices flowing

Get ready, because I'm about to start boring you with craftiness. Just kidding, I hope you enjoy!
I love this amoeba-like print, but I only bought a little appetizer-sized piece of it. So, I decided to use it where it would stand out and be noticed everyday. (by me, at least!) I had been planning to make a cover for the sewing machine since I got it, and this past weekend, I finally got around to doing it. The print went well with this old violet pillowcase we had, and thus, the sewing machine cover with large front pocket was born.
The little back pocket took extra work. I wanted to practice my pleating skills and even used a piece of elastic in the top part. I'm getting there. At least the print is cute!


Next, I used a bit of the chains from this necklace,

a few of the faux pearls from this necklace,
strung them together on earring hooks,

and made my new favorite pair of earrings!

This banner has been sitting on Luc's dresser for a month or two now. It was one of the first things I sewed, but we had't gotten around to putting up the knobs so as to actually hang it in his room.

(this photo showcases the beautiful handcrafted quilt that my aunt made for Luc!)

I'll probably be posting a lot more things of the craftiness nature, fair warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment