Friday, December 16, 2011

tastes like mango flavored irony here

Take a look at these beauties. Gorgeous, heavily scented, ripening mangoes. Who wouldn't be temped by them?

It has taken me one taste (half a mango added to a smoothie that I shared with Luc, to be exact!) to put me back in my place.
On Wednesday, I picked a huge bunch of mangoes from our tree who is still heavily loaded. I didn't notice until later that some of the sap must have dripped onto my arm, (it was just beginning to rain) and it burned - BURNED!!- my skin. Also, since I had the smoothie, I've been super itchy around my neck, ears, eyes, and the crooks of my arms (what do you call that anyways? the inside of my elbow? no, it can't be that.)

I love me some mangoes, but this is too much. If anyone knows of anything I could do to have my mangoes and eat them too, please, help a girl out!

No comments:

Post a Comment