Wednesday, November 23, 2011

wood + washi tape

I made this today. it makes me happy to look at it, which is good, because it will soon be on display.  I'll show you how later. I took a scrap piece of wood and glued on some clothespins, and then used washi tape to add color. So easy.

The washi tape was a bit too thick for the clothespins, so I had to cut it up, but I put the remnants to use and made a little wall of fame above the craft table.
The black and white picture is Alex when he was a newborn. The world map shows the political territories and colonies back in 1914. The other map shows all the departments of France, which is a really helpful visual for me. The big painting in the middle was one of the first that Luc did. The picture of hot air balloons was sent to me by my aunt while I was serving in the Peace Corps. The landscape photo next to it is one that Alex took in Madagascar. There are 2 postcards, and the last item is a note Alex left me one morning that reads: "Taking gypsies to bank. You have 1 hour to steal stuff from their room." It still cracks me up.

1 comment:

Simone said...

I just bought some Christmas themed washi tape to decorate my gifts. And I would totally have bought you some and sent it to you if I didn't think it'd get there next July...

Post a Comment