Monday, November 21, 2011

some fears

These pregnancy updates wouldn't be complete unless I addressed some of the anxiety I've been feeling recently. At one point this week, it kept me up until 3am, but I couldn't get it written here.

that's Luc in there
I worry there will be an issue during labor that will force me to give up on the idea of having a drug-free birth.
I worry something will be unhealthy or abnormal for this boy.
I worry about the pain and healing process after the birth.
I worry about feeling overstressed. (getting stressed about having stress in the future, I know, it's crazy.)
I worry about not being able to breastfeed.
I worry about how my (and our) parenting will evolve once this new babe arrives.
I worry how Luc will react and then interact with his new brother.
the first day back home with Luc
Writting it all down helps me to make more sense of it and simply get it out of my system. Looking at the calender, I realised something else too. Perhaps the source of this anxiety came from fears connected to the miscarriage I had back in March. The baby would have been born mid-November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment