Thursday, October 20, 2011

pregnancy update - 24 weeks tomorrow

We went to St. Rose this past sunday to have a picnic on the old lava rock beach.
I have another scheduled Dr's appt tomorrow.
I plan on asking him about midwives and starting my research to find one. 
I'm beginning to have to stand sideways at the kitchen counter.
My back is beginning to ache, but I've found a way to help it feel better.
I have to lay on my back (on the yoga mat) and bring my knees up, then roll from side to side.
I've got a craft list that may be too long.
I did a mini clothing exchange with a friend and that shirt up there is from her.
She had a bunch of longer length shirts which I love.
I've been cheating a little bit on my no-coffee rule; some days I just can't resist a small cup.
My weight gain has stayed on track, I'm up about 4kg total, depending on the time of the day.
The sleep issues have been all smoothed over for a few weeks now, and I wake up feeling refreshed, thankfully.
My belly button has popped back out.
This boy likes to dance around in my belly when it's naptime (yes I take one too!) but otherwise he is pretty content to just hang (or sleep?) most of the day away.
No major inspiration yet for names.
We're going to keep it a secret anyways until he's born.
We ordered this book (I want to make the tent pictured on the cover!) through Amazon waaay back in July to have it delivered to Alex's parents house, but it didn't make it there before our vacation ended. It hasn't made it's way here yet. Now I'm really itching to get it so I can start on a few baby projects.
I finally watched The Business of Being Born. Whoa. You should watch it too, I don't care who you are, go, now.
Also, have you ever seen the film Babies? Take note, you need to watch this one too.
I think Luc and I are going to rewatch it as the time gets closer to his brother's arrival.
Ok last film plug. Luc loves this one, OCEANS. (We watch the french version.) He is particularly fascinated by the orca eating the seals.
I want to eat sushi. Mad cravings.
And chocolate too. But that's normal for me.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment