Saturday, April 16, 2011

friday market

It occured to me that for as much as I talk about loving the friday market Luc and I go to every week, I haven't got any pictures of it! I don't like taking them because I hate to look like a tourist. It also just occured to me that I should probably get over that and take some already. Here are three I've taken in the past 3 months that we've been going.
The market is also usually brimming with people and capturing a decent picture while keeping monkey with me is quite tricky. Some other things you'd see at our local friday market; freshly caught fish, hen and quail eggs, tofu, every kind of vegetable and fruit you could imagine (excepting of course, those that don't grow in tropical climates, like blueberries), samosas, spices, vanilla, orchids, several varieties of plants and flowers, live chickens, ducks, geese, and even cute little white rabbits, and the occasional woven basket or twenty. (remember when I showed you the St. Paul market?) Sometimes we even have live entertainment in the form of an older Creole man who plays his accordian. He also plays at the friday market in St. Paul, so we don't have the pleasure of listening to his music every week. Our local market is much smaller than the St. Paul one, but smaller means friendlier! Some of the vendors recognize us as regulars now and often chat us up.
I love our friday market!

No comments:

Post a Comment