Saturday, November 7, 2009

Marché St. Paul

Glimpses of the Friday Market in St. Paul.
These images are part of why I felt like there was a simple life conciousness sitting on my shoulder earlier.....





Natural soaps made in St. Leu


Brings back memories of Madagascar whenever I see these woven bags.

Need a turtle with a bobbing head? We got you covered.

My favorite street musician who also plays in St. Denis

Get your samoussas while they're still hot!




Fresh bread and baked goods








Why did blogger turn this picture? I swear it's right side up on my computer.

Feliky mafana!






I finally worked up the nerve to try cooking AND eating beets the other day. They were actually pretty good. But they're not going to be my number one favorite vegetable either.




Wasn't that lovely? I go to the market in St. Paul just about every week, and I always find something new and interesting/tastey.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Lyniemarie,

I'm Seth (sethreunion.blogspot.com), the American living in St. Denis. Love the pics! My roomate and I have been talking about going to le marche in St. Paul for a while now.

There are actually several Americans (English Assistants) living in St. Clotilde. I am always interested in meeting new people! I am free on Mon mornings, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Maybe you would enjoy having an English conversation with some Americans?

Let me know what you think.

Peace,
Seth

Post a Comment