Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a healthy dose of crazy


I want to pull my hair out right now. What was I thinking when I said "entirely handmade Christmas sent out early to the states"? Oh, and top that off with a Halloween party for all the kids in our apt building this weekend. Right. Idiotic.
Luc is in a; semi-teething, doesn't want to eat anything unless it's milk or strawberries, climbing out of his bed AND opening the door at naptime (aka refusing to nap!), throwing anything he can off the balcony, pushing the on/off button on the computer console, pouring his milk all over the carpet, pushing the webcam off the monitor, climbing on top of the dresser to get to the Sharpie markers, and in general quickly finding his next betise before I have finished trying to fix the last one-phase.
The more betise he does, the more frustrated I become. And the more I start to NEED him to take a nap. And that just isn't happening this week. I've been reading a lot of online comments of parents trying to get their toddlers to sleep, or enforcing naptime. First, it is impossible to enforce naptime when he has learned to climb out of his bed and open the door. And second, enFORCING a nap will not work. (Nor is it the respectful approach to parenting that we want to take) We're in a period of change right now, and either we'll have to move up bedtime, or start the nap routine earlier in the day. I hope that we can still preserve naptime, because this mama needs it! But if not, we'll have to deal with a grumpy monkey (and sometimes mama too) and wait until we're all adjusted into a new routine. But for real, couldn't this have waited until AFTER I finished all the holiday prep??

No comments:

Post a Comment