Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Our Christmas was filled with goodies for all this year!








Buddies*

I love this dog!*

BEST SORBET EVER!! It tasted EXACTLY like the fruit.
I felt like I was eating mango/goyavier and litchi/passionfruit frozen fruit.
I can't get over it.



We spent the 24th at a friend's place here in St Denis, whose family was part Malagasy, which meant we enjoyed some traditional Malagasy cuisine (the best romazava I've ever had!) among lots of other foods. And dessert. And wine. And champagne. (Eeepp!)
The next morning our heads were a little achy, but we nursed ourselves back with coffee and presents. We were invited back to the same house to help finish off the leftovers for lunch. Mmmmm. As an added bonus, I didn't have to cook while hungover! All three of us were ready for siestas after that. *(the sweet dog pictured above belongs to these friends).








On the night of the 25th, we had another couple join us in a tapas-type meal complete with very basic sangria and two vuvuzelas. oh yes. You read that correctly, my husband bought himself (and one for our friend) one of those incredibly loud horns like the ones from World Cup SA. The kids in our apartment go crazy for it. Their parents however.....probably not so much. When we move 2 weeks from now, I'm sure they'll be happy not to hear it anymore.
More on moving and such later.
Hope you all had a very merry christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment