Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Petie

and Petula. (isn't that fun to say?!)

Anyways, this project came about because Luc suddenly began picking up the volcanic rock we've been using as a doorstop. And while it looks cool, I don't want him accidently dropping it on his sweet little toes. And he loves birds. And making a bird couple was better than one lonely birdie. Maybe later I'll continue the bird family, but for now they're enjoying their honeymoon phase. Petie and Petula.
I used fabric scraps I've been collecting for the past couple months. I knew they'd be pushed around our floors and have to withstand that plus any monkey handling, so I used an old pair of shorts, made of a heavy fabric, that didn't fit Alex anymore. I stuffed Petula (with green wings) slightly more which I like better, but she is smaller, so I'm not sure if the weight of her rice stuffing will be enough to resist the wind blowing our doors shut. We will see!
Petula!

No comments:

Post a Comment