Monday, August 1, 2011

the oxygen mask principle

Though I haven't felt inspired to post recently or happened to have a chunk of time I've set aside just for blogging, today I've finally found a spot where those 2 things colllide.
And I'd like to share this thoughtful post I found on the Etsy blog that kind of surprised me. I wasn't expecting to find a piece on parenting on a site more directed to the arts, but, if you read it, I think you'll agree, it does have it's place. The question at the end is a good one (how do you take care of yourself/what recharges you?) and something I'd love to hear back from more people. For me, recharging as of late means getting out of the house on my own, even if it's just to run an errand, a cup of warm tea (baby, it's cold outside now!), making plans with friends, curling up with a good book at night, and a good long hug with Alex. Seriously, that last one we've made into a habit every morning and I cannot tell you what a great way to start your day that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment