Wednesday, November 24, 2010

yummy thanksgiving recipes



(both images from NY Times)

I stumbled upon this collection of super-delicious looking recipes yesterday on the NY Times site. I had meant to post it here then, but somehow that didn't happen. Hope it's not to late for some of you who need an extra recipe idea for turkey day tomorrow. You will notice that all the recipes are vegetarian, and some are vegan. For me, it's the other dishes that I love the most on Thanksgiving. Look! Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms! Roasted Vegetable Galette! Squash, Onion and Pine Nut Pizza! Zucchini Cakes! Even if I'm not a vegetarian anymore, I still like eating mostly vegetables. I might even one day go back to vegetarianism one day, but I'd like to convince my meat-loving husband first. These yummy recipes might be the way!

In case you're wondering, we will actually be celebrating Thanksgiving this year, although hardly in a traditional way. We'll be meeting up with other english speaking friends at the beach on Saturday for a big lunchtime meal which will include all the basics; turkey, stuffing, green beans, pumpkin pie, and my first atempt at my mom's famous cranberry bread. Those things are impossible to get here. Very occasionally, you will see a sad little jar of them on the shelf, but they are super tiny and floating in a lot of liquid. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I have to give it a shot.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo - how did your cranberry bread turn out???

Post a Comment